My Matrix Spring panel began its life as a part of a sketch for a much bigger panel. I started working on it only to realize that out of the whole design I was going for I really liked only this tree. Luckily I have started with the tree, so none of my time has been wasted. Or so I thought.
So, I built the rest of the panel around the tree I already had and finished it with a beveled border. Matrix Spring hung in my living room for a couple of months, and then I realized that out of the whole panel I really hated the tree. Yep. It was way too loud and irregular.
My husband suggested I put the panel into storage and forget about it, but, of course, I simply could not do it. So, the next twist of the evolutionary spiral has began.
First, I removed the old tree from the panel. Initially, I thought that I could take it out and reuse it later, but that was taking way too long and I had no choice but to break it.
Then, I built another tree that fit the design perfectly. This tree had only two types of glass in it and really stepped up to the "matrix" idea - it was also checkered.
Finally, I placed the new tree into the old panel and voila - it was whole again! Never mind that it took me as long to switch out the tree as it originally took to build the panel - now it was just perfect...