Yury Tarler is an artist, interior designer, and an architect. He was born in St. Petersburg, Russia that at the time was called Leningrad, USSR. Yury graduated from Leningrad Arts Academy, Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Achitecture. He spent most of his life in the USA and currently lives in New York.
Over the course of his career Yury Tarler authored a number of portraits of and commissioned by quite a few famous people. His portfolio includes portraits of:
- Pope John Paul II
- Archbishop Renato Martino – Head of peace Mission of the Vatican
- Countess Nadia de Navarro – Bulgarian princess
- Nelson Rockefeller – Vice president of the USA
- Mohammad Reza Pahlavi - Shah of Iran
- Ali Reza Pahlavi – youngest son of Shah of Iran
Yury Tarler is a master of painting portraits from live models sitting for a painting, but also can work with photographs. He also accepts commissions for posthumous portraits.
- Rockefeller Center in New York City
- Mission of the Vatican in New York City
- Metropolitan Club in New York City
- RocCenter in New York State
- Museum of General Motors in Detroit, Michigan
- Harley Davidson Café and Casino in New York and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Motown Café in New York City and Orlando, Florida
- Armao Residence in New York City
He also worked on interiors for a number of restaurants in New York Metropolitan area, as well as many other significant projects.
Recently, Yuri branched out and opened an internet store at Etsy.com where you can purchase prints of his paintings, hand-painted teapots and pottery, and other novelty items. You can also get in touch with him through his store.